Simple Envelope-Back Cushion
- 50cm cut of printed cotton or cotton/linen blend (we've used Umbrella Prints Hearts in Persimmon on Organic Cotton)
- 50cm cut of Heavyweight Natural Linen
- Matching cotton thread
- 50cm square Innergreen cushion insert made from 100% recycled plastic water bottles
Cut 1 piece of your patterned fabric 50 x 50cm square for the cushion front.
Cut 2 pieces of linen 50 x 40cm for the envelope-style cushion back.
Sew a double-fold hem on one 50cm side of each piece of linen.
Lay your fabric out:
- Patterned fabric, right side up.
- First piece of linen on top, raw edges matching raw edges of patterned fabric, hem facing up.
- Second piece of linen in opposite direction, so the two hemmed edges overlap at centre.
Pin edges and sew with a 1.5cm seam all around. Trim edges with pinking shears and/or finish with a zigzag stitch to prevent unravelling. Clip the points off at corners about 5mm from stitching.
Turn cover in right way and press. Pop the insert in and you're done.
- Jane & Fiona xx
PS - you will have enough leftover fabric to make another cover!